Saturday, August 20, 2011

Organizational Projects

So a few months ago I posted that I was going to be participating in a 52 week organizational challange.  Well....I started off good and then that ol' boy T came around.  =)  And now that he's gotten a local job and is around every day I'm really slacking off! But I can't blame him entirely...sometimes I'm just not very motivated.  But one day, I did manage to organize my hall closet.  I stumbled upon this beautiful hall closet organized by Martha herself (I have a love/hate relationship with her).  It's it so peaceful and happy?!


Unfortunately, this was my reality...and I'm so embarassed to show you this.  But, I am a real person and I have messy closets.  More than likely some of you do too, so don't be too mean to me.  =)


I have a very narrow space here, so that's why my pics can't show everything at once.




Yes, I still have boxes in this closet from when I moved in over 3 years ago.  I just didn't have any shelf space for them anywhere.  The good news is that I do acutally have my winter coats in here.  =)  I get points for that, right?  Anywho, I began by emptying out the entire closet and throwing it all into my foyer.  Luckily I don't get too many visitors dropping by.  I still have a box of Command hooks and strips from my college dorm days, so I went through those hoping I had what I needed and didn't have to go buy anything.  Success!


So, once I found the hooks, I stuck them to the door like Ms. Martha herself!


And then I hung up my bags and purses, just like Martha. I even have a monogrammed canvas tote like her too!  No, I didn't go out and purchase it just in case you were wondering.  It's been around for years!


Next, I hung up all my coats by color and spread them out on the rod.  I had purchased linen colored cubes a while back and threw my hats and scarves in one and all the random stuff in the other.  I still had to put a few things back in the bottom, but no where near the amount that was there before.  All my books and such were moved to a new shelf in the office and everything not needed was either put on craigslist or donated to Goodwill.

So now I'm all ready for winter and should have no problems finding the scarves that coordinate with my coats.  And the best part is, when you come over to visit, I'm not embarassed to hang up your coat and let you see my closet.  It's the little things, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment