Monday, October 15, 2012

I like BIG BOOKS tote

I got invited to a 30th birthday for a friend.  She's a relatively new friend and is actually the life-long best friend of one of my high school best friends.  Does that make sense?  Anywho, I couldn't show up empty handed and since I know she likes to read I whipped up this little book bag for her.



It was super easy.  I had the canvas bag left over in my craft closet (from Hobby Lobby).  I also had some random iron on transfers in my office (not sure how long those have been there).  They were Avery Ink Jet T-shirt Transfers.  I typed everything out in Word and printed it on the transfers, cut it out and ironed it on.  To make it a little cuter I added the books in the corner. 


To "wrap" it, I simply rolled the bag and tied it closed with a piece of leftover ribbon.  I cut a J (for Jessica) out of scrapbook paper, punched a hole in it and strung it on the ribbon before tying the ribbon.

That's it!  Super easy project that you can customize for any person or gift giving need.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment