Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Home Tour Pt. 1


A while back (like a year ago), I promised some pictures of my house.  Well, when it was clean I snapped some photos for everyone to see.  I always feel like my rooms are a work in progress.  I'm happy with them for a while, and then I feel like things need to be changed up a bit.  So today, these are what my rooms look like....

My Dining Room


My table is a hand-me-down.  It began life with a natural birch top.  However, I hated it and sanded off the original finish & stained it darker. Drapes are from JCPenney.

These plates were picked up along the way.  I bought the white topiaries from Hobby Lobby a few years ago on clearance & hot glued moss inside of them.  A project I will NEVER do again.  =)  Wall color is Sherwin Williams Softened Green.

This is my back door entry way.  I recently redid this whole area and it functions SOOO much better.  Please excuse my messy mail file...but I promise you it looks better there than piled up on my dining room table. I'm kinda proud of this wall because it was almost entire put together from things I already had around my house.  I did buy the mail sorter and the shelf supports, but other than that, I just gave everything a coat of white paint.




I found this oval frame at an antique shop about 2 years ago.  It, like many things, has been sitting in a closet waiting for it's purpose to be revealed.  After being painted white, I cut some super thick cardboard with my jigsaw to fit.  Then on a whim, I found this brown burlap remnant at Hobby Lobby for $1.19!  I used some of it here and the rest on a project in my kitchen.  The letters I found just a couple weekends ago at Bella Rustica  from a blog you may have heard of (Vintage Junky) and had to have them for my little memo board!

I got the free printable quote "I just want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares" from a website.  You can get it here.  It comes in 4 different colors (blue, yellow, red, green).

And finally for today is my office.

My make-shift hutch is 2 base cabinets and a small bookshelf.  It may not be glamourous, but I already had the pieces and you get a little creative when you don't have much floor space.  BTW, that long picture is my high school graduating class! 

My awesome mom made me a super cute burlap pillow WITH PEARLS!  I have a thing for pearls.  Love it!


Well, that's it for today.  Up next will be my kitchen, guest room and living room.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment